Needed for your body to repair and regenerate itself: provides the bodies energy, eliminate stress from toxin chemicals; cleanse cells, balance hormone, inflammation, and neurotransmitters
Foundation Diet - “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” ~ Hippocrates
- With anything you eat or drink, ask:
- Is this food or drink in its natural and unrefined state?
- Is this food or drink cooked or raw?
- Is this proper food combining?
- Dietary suggestions (See dietary suggestions sheet)
- Eat until satisfied, not stuffed or full. Rate fullness on scale from 1 to 10. (Eat to 7 of 10)
- Do not skip breakfast; eat every 2-3 hours. Do not wait until you are hungry. Snack on low glycemic foods such as nuts, seeds, hard boiled eggs, etc.
- Largest meal between 11am and 2pm.
- Do not exceed carbohydrate tolerance. (Sleepy post prandial, or crave sugar post prandial)
- Eat in a peaceful environment (avoid eating on the run, while driving, during stressful events)
- Food combine whenever possible (avoid eating protein and starches/carbs within 3 hours of one another)
- Eat a minimum of ½ of your diet raw.
- Pray before eating (giving thanks sets intention and aids in assimilation of nutrients)
- Food is best in its raw, non-GMO, non-processed organic state.
- Go Hog wild – All fresh raw vegetables (all colors), and fresh vegetable juices, low sugar fruits (berries, Granny smith apples, grapefruit, pears), lean proteins and quality gluten free grains
- High quality fish (avoid shellfish), raw goat cheese, cage-free organic eggs, organic chicken, fowl and buffalo, lamb.
- Increase fresh and raw oils.
- High quality grains such as millet, buckwheat, quinoa and wild rice
- Use herbal teas, water, coconut water, pure water and lemon water
- Use sugar free substitutes such as Xylitol, stevia, or raw dark organic agave syrup.
- Use fresh enzyme rich foods such as mung bean sprouts, and super foods such as Chia seeds
CHEATS – Dark chocolate, stevia or xylitol sweetener, Goats milk ice cream, Red wine
- Eliminate all refined carbohydrates such as white flour (all whites), sugars, and starches.
- Avoid hard liquor and mixed alcoholic beverages. One glass of red wine per night is permissible.
- Avoid dairy products with exception to a small amount of parmesan cheese and butter. Goats milk and cheese are o.k.
- Eliminate all hydrogenated fats such as; partially hydrogenated soy bean oil, hydrogenated cheese
- Avoid drinking your fruits such as fruit juice.
- Avoid gluten containing grains such as wheat, oat, rye, barley, spelt, kamut, and soy. Gluten free pastas/breads are best.
- Simple sugars (sugar, sodas, etc.), aspartame, NutraSweet. High sugar fruits such as bananas and mangoes.
- Mainstream meats and poultry (processed deli, hot dogs, lunchables etc).
- Avoid processed foods pre-packaged
- Cook food with minimum time/heat
- Increase raw food to a minimum of ½ of dietary intake
- If food is cooked, pasteurized or heated beyond boiling point 212 degrees use digestive enzymes
- If food is fried…use coconut oil
- Foods packaged or cooked in aluminum, microwaves or using iron skillets/utensils.
- Evaluate your environment for the presence of toxins and eliminate as many of them for your environment as possible
- Look to soaps, shampoos, toothpastes, lotions and cosmetics as a possible source of toxins.
Detoxification and Fasting
- Use fresh vegetable juices daily – consider purchasing juicer (carrot/beet/kale/ginger)
- Consider fasting vegetable juices once a week – From dinner to dinner the next day consider a juice fast of; (carrot, beet, kale and ginger)
- Use a fast or cleanse 2-6 times a year
- Dry skin brush/detoxification bath 2 times per week (I recommend Yerba prima available at most health food stores) followed by Detoxification bath. (see detoxification bath)
- Consider the purchase and use of (Health mate) Infrared sauna
- Practice Breathing exercises for 2 minutes, 1-2 times daily (1-5-8; especially in morning)
- Periodically take note of your breathing noticing its quality: practice breathing techniques briefly to reinforce the technique
- Drink approximately as many ounces of water a day equal to half your body weight.
(Weight = 160 lbs =80 oz of water a day)
- Drink an 8 oz. glass of water first thing in the morning to rehydrate.
- When you drink enough water throughout the day, your urine will be clear in color: adjust your intake upward if your urine is not clear
- Quality of water varies from company to company. Most water is acidic. Consider
Kangen water – super hydrates, balances ph, oxygenates the cells, and ionizes water molecules, free radical scavenger, and intracellular hydration.
- No more than 4 oz. with meals
- No well or city water. Avoid non filtered fluoridated/chlorine waters. Consider fluoride filter.
- Use Celtic salt liberally in your diet while avoiding commercial salt and foods containing commercial salt
- Adding ½ tsp, 1-2 times a day, may help replenish electrolytes depleted by use of commercial salt, exercise or chronic stress
- Get 20 to 30 minutes of sunshine every day. Use only natural sunscreens.
- Vitamins and herbs are taken with food. Minerals and homeopathics are taken on empty stomach.
- Health organizations promote 7 – 9 servings of fruits and vegetables per day. If you do not reach these levels you must supplement your diet.
- Use whole food supplements only. Avoid synthetics
- For general maintenance use whole food multivitamin, multimineral, essential fatty acid, and enzyme with all cooked foods